The lonely church is picturesquely situated on a hill. It is located near the burnt offering site of Tschaufis, where bones and fragments of pottery were found.
The nave dates back to Roman times, but the tower is Gothic. The current building dates back to the period around 1500.
The greatest treasure of the church is the Gothic winged altarpiece from 1517, probably built by Ruprecht Potsch and Philipp Diemer. The shrine shows St. Mary Crowned with the child, to the right James the Greater and to the left the Archangel Michael with the raised sword.
The choice of the patron saint is related to the pilgrims, hikers and travelers, as the church is located on an ancient path leading to Valle Isarco/Eisacktal.
From Juli to All Saint's Day
Sunday 4.00 - 5.30 pm